Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday, July 24th

Wednesday we had the morning and afternoon off and set traps around 5 in the deep woods... like deep yucky so many mosquitoes you cant see the trap in front of you woods. Oh and of course I didnt remember exactly where we were trapping and mistook it for a different place that was mostly grassy so I wore yoga pants and sandals. Ya, wont be doing that again.

I am posting a couple of pictures that Dr. Wilson took of me and the bear on Monday.

Thursday we caught one Chipmunk and one Ground Squirrel (we needed one more since the fourth chamber broke the other day). We processed them which didnt take too long but sucked because of all of the flies and horse flies, and then we came back for an interesting lecture on invasive plant species.

Today, Friday, we went out and checked the traps this morning but found only a vole and a few unwanted ground squirrels so we're back at camp until we go to check and close the traps at 11.


Me with my little ground squirrel friend, tempted to be near me since a part of my peanut butter sandwich crust was near my leg!


Here is a picture of the bear that Dr. Wilson got. I thought it was a pretty good shot!

2 comments:

  1. I love your little ground squirrel friend Audrey. We're really enjoying the photos.
    You and Scott have a great time this weekend.
    Love you both,
    Mary Ann aka Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about the two of you in the Grand Canyon. I hope you get lots of photo's.
    Love you and miss you. MOM

    ReplyDelete