Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day 6, Saturday

Today was very long! We got up at 6 and got to our trapping spot at 7:30, that began our whole day of sitting outside in the same spot and checking a machine every 20 mins. By whole day I mean WHOLE DAY... we got back to camp at 8:30.

Needless to say I'm a little tired. We got four Uinta Ground Squirrels done today so we are 1/3 of the way done with this species.

Tomorrow is a repeat of today so I will post if anything interesting happens... if not just imagine I copied and pasted today's blog!


Me with a very big female, we let her go cause she might be pregnant!

She thought she might just chew her way out! (the one we let go again)

This little guy was not so lucky... he's in the chamber about to go in for a long day of metabolic testing... I feel bad for them but I know they're ok because we saw one today that we caught yesterday (she had an ear tag) and she was fine!


2 comments:

  1. Dude you have the coolest job ever! Its so cool to see you out there catching those things...they're so cute. That Pine Marten thing is adorable but as you said evil so I hope you don't encounter another one.

    Good work though...sounds like you guys are working hard and trapping some crap so that's good:)

    I should know about my new job this week so I'll keep you posted and if I get it I'll be looking for places outside of LA this weekend...whoohoo!

    Miss you lots sister, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude I second what Jessie said you're a rockstar!! I'm interested for you to tell me what actually happens in the metabolic chamber and why this species is so important or what your are looking for- you've probably told me before and I just wasn't listening haha sorry :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete