Monday, August 3, 2009

Saturday, August 1st

Today we drove from Moran, WY to Gothic, CO. The total drive was supposed to be 12 hours but I have no idea how long it actually took us. I stopped in Grand Junction for about an hour and a half and got pulled over so I think I made pretty good time considering. (no ticket!)

I got to watch the sun rise in Wyoming and watch it set in Colorado. The drive was spectacular, I took some awesome pictures, Utah was very pretty also.

Gothic is a research town filled with all sorts of freakish biologists. We have our own rooms in a four room cabin. We are currently sharing it with some lady and a guy is supposed to come too. It is VERY small, we were so spoiled at the last place! Also it does not have a real toilet but an indoor port-o-poty type thing. Just basically a huge hole in the ground, its absolutely revolting but at least we have our own indoor outhouse... others have to use the one outside along with everyone else. Also we have our own shower which is nice cause other people have to hike over to the community one.

We will be searching for pikas soon, I cant wait to see one!

Sunrise leaving Grand Teton

This is in the morning in Wyoming

I believe this is in Utah, so pretty.

I think Utah still, correct me if I'm wrong. You could see for miles!

Those are not our cabins, those are million dollar houses but this is Mt Crested Butte, right next to where we're staying now.

No comments:

Post a Comment