Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thursday, August 6th

ONLY ONE MORE WEEK!!

Today was quite boring. It rained last night and was raining this morning when we headed out. The Prius wasn't handling the muddy road up to the pikas and we didnt feel like falling off of a cliff so we got rained out. We set up in the lab and Dr. Wilson trapped a chipmunk that we ran all day, snore.

Crested Butte is the wildflower capitol of Colorado. We have been seeing A TON of wildflowers and since I am so absolutely bored all of the time I thought I should take some pictures of the beautiful blooms and share them with you all. This has given me something to do at least- I spent several hours today trying to figure out what kind of flowers they are!

I hope you enjoy:

Columbine- I think this is the state flower?

Nodding Groundsel

Scarlet Paintbrush- I love these!

This is a Fleabane, I'm not sure which one though

Kings Crown- very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment